Wednesday, July 25, 2007

SJC'ers on the Radio

What is going to happen to all of us who worked, taught, and studied at SJ now that the place has closed? Who are we, and where are we headed? We have an opportunity to share our stories about our lives and our time at SJC.

While hanging out at the Home Skillet Fest, I got to talking with Ken Fate, drummer for the Glorious Youth Parade and General Manager at KCAW Raven Radio. We were on the subject of SJ's closure when he asked. "What could Raven Radio do in response?" I pitched the idea of recording stories from the SJ community, to record for all time, stories of folks who made SJ what it was.

A few days later, Ken let me know that staff had spoken, and were interested. Rob Woosley showed me the ropes of operating one of the mobile digital recorders, and sent me on my way. So I am - looking for folks to share their experiences of life at SJ with me, and with our community. Please contact me if you're interested. Help create the collective memory of what Sheldon Jackson was just before the lights went out.

No comments: