Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sheldon Jackson Childcare Center Inc.

Good news for the childcare center! Having formed a new organization, Sheldon Jackson Childcare Center Inc., the center signed a 90 day operating agreement yesterday. during this time period, the group will work to develop a long term lease agreement. The Sentinel reported the news in Wednesday's paper, and included a photo of President Dobler, center staff, and a bunch of kids gathered around for the signing. I spoke with Lolly and a member of her board, and both felt good about the agreement. Congratulations to everyone who helped make this possible.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST FOR FYI THE NAME OF NEW NON-PROFIT IS -
SHELDON JACKSON CHILD CARE CENTER.
NO INC IN THE NAME :)

Unknown said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

As a former volunteer at the childcare center, I was delighted to hear that it would remain open. I am glad for the jobs my friends still have and the safe harbor for children. clarissa fisher

Anonymous said...

I would also like to know what is going on at the hatchery. Thanks clarissa

Anonymous said...

who's all on the board for the center?

Anonymous said...

Clarissa, thanks for caring. The hatchery lives on! Life and learning will never stop at the SJC Hatchery!! I must think Positively every day. We have all worked very hard, and I dedicate myself to keeping the Program Alive!! Congratulations to the groups who kept the Childcare Center and the PE Center going!! Where there's a will, there's a way!!

Anonymous said...

I had a heck of time finding their new phone #... so till the new directory is published:
907.747.5437