Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Alaska Growth & SJ(C?) come to terms

Alaska Growth Capital and SJ(C?) have apparently reached a deal regarding payback of a loan made by AGC to SJ(C?) in 2006 fpr $4.5 million. Raven Radio is working on a story. What I've learned so far is that the agreement involves AGC managing the former college's debt, including faculty and staff severance, IRS liens, and possibly city utility back payments. In return SJ(C?) gives AGC the authority to manage the sale of properties to pay back the debt.

The core campus, including the Sage building, is supposedly not on the table. Hames may be off as well, but I'm waiting for confirmation.

Bottom Line: Faculty and Staff, many still unemployed, can breathe a little easier.

Please notify me if you do not receive payment by the end of the week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I heard is Chilkat Management Services set up the meetings to make all this happen - they offered a proposal to AGC and SJ attorneys to get the 1.2 for teachers, utilities and taxes. I also heard that Chilkat has power of attorney over the entire campus and that Dobler has nothing to say about it.

Enrollment Management Planning Committee said...

Who is this anonymous person that seems to know all about the wonderful workings of Chilkat? I know anonymity is a right people have on these blogs, and it should be. It's just that some posts warrant attribution of some kind. It's hard to know what is or is not true otherwise...

Anonymous said...

Well, in the Sentinel reported that the core campus is now possibly going to be sold - Alaska Growth Capital is now in charge.

13 Pieces of Flair said...

Hey Bryner. Thanks for keeping us informed about SJ. I was shocked to hear about it closing, but not overly surprised. Sorry that my questions is not about your article, but do you know how to contact SJ? I need my transcripts and I'm not sure who to call and their website is down. You seems to be a guy in the know so I thought I would ask. Oh and does anyone know Dr. Cote's email address? Thanks for any help you can give.
Erin Keenan

Anonymous said...

Transcripts are now given out by the Alaska Commission on Post Secondary Education: http://alaskaadvantage.state.ak.us.

Kansas Volunteer said...

The director of news services of PCUSA, who is a board member, says the college is preserving its core property so the college can resume as soon as finances are in place. This blog and comments do not seem to agree with that statement. Who are we to believe?