Thursday, March 27, 2008

One remianing legal challenge

With the recent agreement with Alaska Growth Capital, SJ(C?) avoided a lawsuit regarding liens placed on campus property as part of a loan package back in 2006. The agreement also provided long overdue severance and annual leave payments to former employees, most likely ensuring no legal challenges on that end.

At least one legal challenge remains. Traveler's Insurance had filed a lawsuit back in November alleging that SJ(C?) is responsible for any charges against a surety bond purchased by the College as part of an agreement with Alaska Post Secondary.

On March 10, 2008 an attorney for Traveler's issued a lis pendens, or intent to sue.

Earlier blog posts about the issue can be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it counts as a legal challenge, but will any money be available to ACPE for student refunds?



On a similar note: Why has ACPE been silent for three months? They did get a bill to me soon after SJ closed, and they were quick to close my old master promisary note, and they made it impossible for me to apply for a new one online, but I had to get a copy of the refund paperwork from another student because they were simply ignoring my requests.

I think I'm just ranting now . . . but why can they work so effectively to make my life more difficult, but anything positive is a major chore?